The GCRN is oldest registering body for practitioners of Naturopathy in the UK, tracing our roots back to 1920. Our vision, is to create a world where Naturopathic Medicine is recognised as a viable and bone fide alternative to conventional primary care medicine.
- To establish and maintain standards of education for practitioners and to provide for the inspection of colleges and courses of Naturopathy for the protection and benefit of the public.
- To keep a register of persons qualified to practice Naturopathy in conformity with the standards of the Register.
- To supervise the ethical behaviour and professional conduct of the practitioners enrolled on the Register.
- To provide for and promote education, investigation and research into the science and art of Naturopathy and to disseminate the results of such research.
- To establish in the UK a framework whereby Naturopaths work alongside conventional doctors, offering an alternative primary health care path for those who want it
- To maintain our naturopathic roots while embracing modern advances in naturopathic care