Benefits of being a member
The GCRN welcomes new Naturopathic members who are looking for a professional organisation and strive for the highest ideals of practice.
We can offer the following member benefits;
- The kudos of being a member of the oldest and most respected Naturopathic registering body in the UK. The GCRN membership has the highest criteria for any naturopathic organisation in the UK, giving members credibility as practitioners
- Members are eligible to use the letters MRN after their name
- We hold an annual conference and AGM for members to get together each autumn
- Exceptional value block insurance scheme with Balens insurers saving you money compared to individual insurance or many others schemes
- We offer free peer to peer support or mentoring with leading Naturopathic members
- Patient referrals from this website and other sources
- The GCRN private forum on a Facebook group and on LinkedIn for members to consult with each other
- The GCRN sends out regular e-newsletters to members with updates from the Council on developments in the profession; legal and professional issues relating to naturopathy in the UK and worldwide
- Discounts to other organisations CPD events such as IHCAN and ICNM conferences
- Voting rights at the GCRN Annual General Meeting
- A voice at international level for Naturopathy. The GCRN is a full member of the World Naturopathic Federation – raising the standards and profile of naturopathic practice in the UK and worldwide
- Discounted joining fees for the first two years after graduation
- All GCRN members are now also registered with the CNHC, or another PSA-registered body, ensuring that regulation of members is accredited by the UK government
In Development and coming soon;
- In the near future we intend to have an online CPD platform that provides both free online CPD as well as allowing members to interact
- The GCRN hosted the prestigious International Congress on Naturopathic Medicine in London 30th June – 2nd July 2017: https://icnmnaturopathy.eu and the conference will be returning to London in 2018 – Discounted rate for GCRN members!
How to become a member of GCRN
There are currently 2 pathways to become a GCRN member; Pathway 1; you have graduated from a college that is already a GCRN accredited college (currently only BCOM, the British College of Osteopathic Medicine), or Pathway 2; if you have graduated from any other college e.g. CNM you can follow another process which allows you to submit an application form and case histories of 4 patients. Please contact the secretary if you graduated from a non-UK based college.
- Pathway 1; from an accredited college (download the application form below)
- Pathway 2: From a non accredited college (download the application form below)
- Application flowchart showing the pathways to membership (download the flowchart below)